I’m working on a project for a text book publisher right now. One of the images they had me do was supposed to be a set of specific words on a thesaurus page that were trying to get off the page. I just heard that they decided to cut this particular image for space reasons, so they don’t need the final. I thought I’d share the rough with you, since I don’t have much else to do with it at this point.
Had I finished it, the lines would be nice and neat and dark, and the cartoon words would be colored.
There are several other images they do still want me to finish and I will get paid for the work I did on this one.
That’s the last spread! Yay!
Now I want to go back and correct a few things. The biggest being that I want to remove the hallway in the living room scene and replace it with a window. That sounds big, but I do it once and copy it into all the living room images. So, it shouldn’t be that big a deal. That’s the beauty of working digitally.
Then I’ll put the whole dummy up in my portfolio.
Almost done! Only one more left!
Okay, I wasn’t quite happy with the last version. So I tried again. I think this came out much better.
I am on a roll! Four more to go…
Edit: I’ve been looking at this and I’m just not happy with it. It illustrates the action well enough, but it’s not a natural pose. That’s not the way the leg goes when babies suck their toes. I’m going to try again. Look for version two in a day or two. It’ll look better (I hope).
Five more to go.